- Web 507x800px 17.88cm x 28.2cm@72dpi
- HQ 2875x4539px 24.34cm x 38.4cm@300dpi
The fortified church of Saschiz. The inhabitants of the village used it as a refuge at times of war. The Church at Saschiz was built between 1493-1496 without a precinct. The difference between this church and other fortified churches from Transylvania is that the fortification (the tower) is adapted to the requirements of a church and the proportions between the church and tower are pretty impressive. There are multiple sites that describe this tower with more details.